You might have heard about The 100 before, you might not. But in this blogpost if you said “yes” or “no” replying on the first line, you wouldn’t regret reading this article until the end.
Firstly, I am a Series and Movies addict, and it’s something known from so long. Since I was a child, I used to watch series and movies from all over the world, which has enriched my knowledge about different cultures and backgrounds. And the more I watch, the more I become picky in what I am watching next. You would always want something surprises you, disappoints all your expectation, in a positive way, and makes you want to watch one more episode or season.
In this article I will be only talking about a one series which I, GREATLY, recommend, and I will mention why, but firstly, let me tell you, briefly, what The 100 is all about!
The story takes place in the future, when nuclear war destroyed the Earth and made it non-habitable. The only survivors are those on the 12 space stations banded together to form the Ark. Three generations later, the 4,000 survivors living on the space Ark which started to fail to keep the life there, here the council decided to send 100 prisoners to the Earth to see if it is survivable as it’s believed that on their time the radiation levels have to be returned to normal. Having the fate of the human race in their hands, the 100 must find a way into the unknown in their new-old home.
Despite the fact that the series will go on with so many many many years ahead, where you stop to manage to count the years, but you will always feel that they are real human beings. They are people just like you and me, their feelings, emotions, actions and even mistakes.
So many things one can mention to tell how great is this series, but what I loved the most is the question that’s being asked since the very first season “Who are the good guys?” You will be asking yourself with every single time they ask themselves. If we believe that we are really the good guys, why would we always destroy every land we take a place on? Why we take decisions that could ruin others’ lives? Why those who are in charge always fail in saving everyone? And why we always choose war?
So many questions that will make you doubt if there is any good guys at all!
Talking positively now, let me tell you what you would really love about it:
- The soundtrack which will obviously take a place into your heart that could never be restored or given to any other thing upon this planet, it’s incredibly, perfect which will get you tied to the emotions of the characters so well that you end up feeling for them.
- How the writers manage to create completely new stories with each new season, yet even that we are in the 6th season you’d still find some flashbacks to the 1st one.
- So many powerful women, period.
- Expect the unexpected, and you’ll fail to predict what’s going to happen next, not only about the scenes but also the characters which you’d think you already knew, but then ? the writers surprise you one more time.
- No-one is safe, bear this in mind.
- Endless feelings.
- Characters will keep developing, where you might hate someone today and then you will fall deeply in love with them.
- So many different kinds of people, from space, ground, hidden and much more.
No spoilers, but I promise this series is going to have you hooked and in awe. And you’re missing too much by not watching it.